Monday, January 10, 2011

Ju' On Misadventure

Well, it happened when Iman was about 3 years old. At that point of time, my younger brother was living with us, and he is, till now, Iman's closest buddy next to his uncle and auntie. Recapping the past, so one night, we decided to watch Ju'On (I think it was the first movie) together, and Iman as usual, would sit right in-front of the TV.
As you know, Jo'On is a movie that is famous with the deep clicking female vocal sound, and the image of a kid and woman clad in white crawling on the floor. I'll rate the goosebumps level 9/10...
Anyway, Iman fell asleep during the movie, and I carried him into our bedroom..my brother was still watching the movie when my wife and I hit the sack around 1 something..
Middle of the wee morning, I was awaken by Ju'Onish clicking noise..like OMG..what was that..and as I turned to my right side, Iman wasn't at his place..
I woke up slowly...the clicking noise is quite audible...lights were off, except for a glim white ray peeking through the bottom part of the bedroom door...I mustered all courage and rush opened the door..Iman was sitting in-front of TV, watching Ju'On alone...my brother, I guessed, have long gone asleep in his bed...
He was like in trance watching the movie...imagine this..me..son...darkness...tv...Ju'On on screen..clicking noise..a really good mixture of 11/10 goosebump level...
I switched on the lights, Iman was looking at me and mumble like 'Apa' or 'What'..I grabbed him, pulled the plug out of the socket and hushing him to sleep in bed..
The next day, I related the story to my brother..and he said that Iman was able to use the remote because he had taught him before..not a suprise because Iman started playing games at a very early age...well..logic kicked in...dvd was still running..press remote and it would play..TV was just matter of pressing the green button..Iman figured that out way, way back...One thing for sure...the picture of him sitting in-front of TV watching the screen mimicked the movie Poltergeist...and that send shivers down my spine till now...

No comments:

Post a Comment